By default, Subsonic uses an in-process HSQLDB database which requires no setup or maintenance. Starting with Subsonic 6.1, advanced users have the option to use an external database instead. The following databases are supported:
- MySQL (tested with version 5.6 and 5.7)
- PostgreSQL (tested with version 9.6)
- MariaDB (tested with version 10.1)
- Make sure you are using Java 8.
- Install MySQL/PostgreSQL/MariaDB, or use an existing database server.
- Create an empty database called "subsonic".
- Set the JDBC URL of the database as a start-up option to Subsonic (see below).
|MySQL / MariaDB||
Remember to change hostname, port, user and password according to your installation.
The JDBC URL must be given as a start-up option. This is done differently depending on how you installed Subsonic.
Please note that there is no automatic data migration from HSQLDB to MySQL/PostgreSQL/MariaDB.